Things Moms Think, But Probably Shouldn’t Say Outloud
We have established that we, as moms, lead very busy lives. From the shuttling the kids all around town, making dinners, and doing homework to working outside the home full-time. We don’t get a second to ourselves let alone get to do anything that we want to do. We all do the best we can to get through the day and give our children the best of us…and we try to do it with a good attitude. But sometimes…we want to lose it.
After long days with stressful mornings, long commutes, idiots at work, and just kids being kids, we all have that moment when we just want to lose our sh%*! Like completely fly off the handle…bat sh%* crazy style. I know I do. A lot. Probably far more often than I should. Out of pure frustration and exhaustion the worst of me sometimes comes out. It would feel so good to scream these things at the top of my lungs…But we can’t. It’s not nice to make kids cry…or so they claim.
If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all…blah, blah, blah…Sometimes I just want to yell out what I am thinking. Nice or not.
- Leave me ALONE!
- Kids, YOU are the reason I drink.
- Go the “F@%$ to sleep!
- You smell. Nasty.
- Why can’t you be more like the neighbor’s kid?
- You are acting like an As$ho!e.
- I don’t have the energy for your shit today.
- Just SHUT UP! Stop talking. Shut up!
- Get IN THE DAMN CAR!
- Where are your Frickin’ socks?
- Stop crying, you wimp. JUST STOP. You are fine.
- No, I don’t want to hear another amazing fact about Pokemon. Ever again.
- Use your brain! The word is “Animal. An-i-mal”. You’re killing me!
I would bet that we all think these things sometimes…or at least something similar. Here is my rationalization…Just because we think them doesn’t mean we are bad moms. Bad moms would actually say them to the kids. Good moms just secretly give them the finger as they walk away. See… Keep up the good work, moms.